If you are aspiring to do an Engineering course in Kenya, then you need to choose the best university which is both marketable as well as one that will give you quality and accredited Engineering Courses.
In addition to this, you want a university that gives you a variety of choices depending on your cluster points from your KCSE. With this, you are sure of having the best not only in your future campus studies but also in your career.
Having done a thorough research on the best universities in Kenya, I noted that only one university emergies to be the best of the best. This doesn’t mean that there are no other alternatives to select but this university will just give you everything you have been looking for in Engineering; may it be the selection of courses, quality in coursework, accredited courses, and many more.
Now, let’s get to work; What is the No 1 university for engineering in Kenya? Well, the answer is Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT).
JKUAT, as mainly known, takes pride in offering the most number of engineering courses in Kenya and also having the most accredited Engineering courses. If you can get the minimum requirements to join this university for the Engineering Course of your choice, then I recommend having this as your No 1 selection for the engineering courses.
To know about the Requirements and the Engineering Courses offered by JKUAT, Click Here to check my other post where I give you a more detailed explanation on what you need.
Generally, some of the engineering courses in JKUAT, include the following;
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electronic and Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication & Information Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Geomatic Engineering and Geospatial Information Systems (GEGIS)
- Bachelor of Science in Geospatial Information Science (GIS)
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechatronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mining & Mineral Processing Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering
- Environment and Water Management (4 years)