|Real Name/Full Name||Daniel Ndambuki|
|Nick Name/Celebrated Name:||Churchill/Mwalimu King’ang’i|
|Birth Place:||Kitui, Kenya|
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:||30 October 1977|
|Age/How Old:||45 years old|
|Height/How Tall:||In Centimetres – 179 cm |
In Feet and Inches – 5′ 10″
|Weight:||In Kilograms – 86 Kg|
In Pounds – 189 lbs
|Eye Color:||Dark Brown|
|Parents Name:||Father – Unknown |
Mother – Monica Ndambuki
|School:||Mumbuni High School|
|Kids/Children Name:||2 Sons|
|Profession:||Comedian and Radio Host|
|Net Worth:||$4 Million|
|Last Updated:||September 2023|
Daniel ‘Churchill’ Ndambuki is a renowned Kenyan comedian who has gained much popularity through hosting the Churchill Show featured in NTV Kenya. The show is featured on Sundays and Thursdays every week. In addition to this, he also a co-host in Classic 105 FM with Maina Kageni on a show known as Maina and King’ang’i in the Morning. Churchill has been in the comic industry since the year 1996.
His popularity came since the launch of the Churchill Live Comedy Show that was done in the year 2008 and later renamed to Churchill Show in 2012. The Churchill Show has seen significant growth that has led the show featuring hundreds of successful stand-up comedians who include Eric Omondi, MCA Tricky, MC Jesse, Teacher Wanjiku, Professor Hammo, DJ Shitii, and many more.
Keep reading this article as you converse yourself with all information you need to know about Daniel Churchill Ndambuki on his personal life, biography, early life, professional career, education, net worth, and many more.
Biography and Early Life
Daniel Churchill Ndambuki was born in Kitui Town, Kenya, with his real name being Daniel Ndambuki. He later got his stage name ‘Churchill’ following the comedy show he launched in the year 2008. Though he was born in Kitui Town, he later moved to Machakos county during his childhood years, where he grew.
Less information is known about his childhood. Furthermore, Churchill hasn’t shared much information about his family. As a result of this, his father’s name is still unknown to the public. Nevertheless, Daniel Ndambuki shared that his late father was disabled following an accident. Churchill actually would push him to church and to workplaces actually since his childhood. Furthermore, he was noted to celebrate his mother, known as Monica, during a mother’s day celebration.
He is yet to share details about his siblings though he noted out that he has several siblings in his family. He comes from a poor family background from which, after the death of his father, the mother remained to be the breadwinner of the family.
After completing his elementary schooling in Township Muslim Primary School located in Machakos, where he grew up, he joined Mumbuni High School, which is also located in Machakos, Kenya. On joining his high school studies, Churchill didn’t have any idea that he had a passion for acting. At this point, he focused on football, where he played for the Kenyan Under 18 Football Team.
He never joined higher education studies after high school, but he moved to Buruburu, where he stayed with his aunt. Later he joined Daystar University though he did not share what he pursued at Daystar. Daniel Ndambuki got an offer to join Chicago University though he declined the offer to continue concentrating on his career.
He also used to act in his church that was KAG Buruburu, where he got spotted for his comedy career through writing scripts for the children that got much public interest through the congregants.
Personal Life: Wife, Children, Girlfriends, Marriage
Among the celebrities and comedians known, Daniel Churchill has been termed to be one of the secretive celebrities when it comes to sharing about his personal life. He has always kept his private life out of screens and left only his professional career for the public.
Churchill claims that his wife doesn’t love to be in public, and this has contributed highly to the secretive personal life. Daniel Churchill Ndambuki tied knots with his lovely wife time before he gained much popularity. Together they are blessed with two sons, with one of their sons being known as Gideon while the other is yet to be known.
Churchill never began his career in the comedy industry. After joining his aunt in Buruburu, he started finding ways to earn a living. This saw him joining some industries as a casual worker in the Industrial area.
Following his acting in KAG Buruburu Church, he has a friend known as Christine who spotted him on his acting skill. Catherine hooked him up in acting at National Theatre, where he did some auditions. The later George Tyson absorbed him to his home where he mentored him. He commenced acting, after which he joined the Theater Public Noise Makers, which later merged with Redykyulass to form Red Kona. On forming the show known as ‘Trukallas’ in which he was involved in writing scripts at the time Metro TV was to commence, he got featured in the ‘Trukallas’ as the cast Luo Character from which the directors loved his acting character.
On the formation of the Red Kona, he was featured as Churchill Abenego to add on some inspirations on the show. After this, the idea for Churchill Live emerged after a US tour with Redykyulass, where Daniel Ndambuki got the idea together with Bob Nyanja. The first recording for Churchill Live had 6 people.
Later Churchill live was a single comedian show though he later commenced featuring other legendary comics from which he commenced with Eric Omondi. The comedy industry kept on growing since Churchill commenced the show on NTV. He has since been the founder of the Laugh Industry. The comedy brands from Churchill are still the leading in the nation, with which they air two shows in a week known as Churchill Raw on Thursdays and Churchill Show on Sundays.
Furthermore, to his comedy career, he has won the hearts of most Kenyan children through the Kids Festival, popularly known as Toto’s Corner. He is also nurturing talents in the comedy industry through the Churchill Academy, from which he has been able to mentor more than 100 comedians.
As a Radio Presenter and a Co-Host, he is featured in the Classic 105 FM Radio together with Maina Kageni on a morning show.
Awards and Achievements
Daniel Churchill Ndambuki has had several achievements which have seen him win several awards in the comic and laugh industry. He has been one of the high sort comedians who has contributed highly in the laugh industry, where he is the founder of the laugh industry.
Below are some of the Awards Churchill has won and got nominated in.
- Mavuno Awards Winner for Best Narrator in 1999
- Word of Life Winner for Theatre Person of Year in 2007
- Kalasha Awards Winner for the Best TV Program Overall in 2009
- Kalasha Awards Winner for Best Comedy Program in 2009
- Chaguo la Teeniez Awards (CHAT) Winner for Teezniez’ Role Model in 2010
- CHAT Winner Teeniez’ Reality and Comedy Show in 2010
- Marketing Society of Kenya Awards for the Best Personal Branding Award in 2011
- State Commendation Award for the Order of the Grand Warrior (OGW) in 2011
- UK Kenya Achievers Award for Comedy Excellence in 2012
- Kalasha Awards – Best TV Entertainment Churchill Live – Cinematic Solutions/ Laugh Industry in 2012
- Marketing Society Of Kenya Awards – Winner Best Personal Branding Effort in 2012
- Sanaa Theatre Awards – Best Comedy Kenyan Pig Cat And Dogs – Heartstrings Kenya in 2013
- Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) – Television Show Of The Year in 2013
- Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) – Overall Social Media Personality Of The Year in 2013
- Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) – Winner Facebook Fan page Of the Year in 2013
- Cheka Awards for the Comedy Mentor Award in 2013
- Cheka Awards -Winner Best TV Stand Up Comedy in 2013
- Transform Kenya Awards -Winner in the Arts & Culture Category in 2014
- Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) –Most influential Media Personality in 2014
- Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards)- Overall personality of the year in 2014
- Kalasha Awards for the Best TV Comedy in 2014
- Cheka Awards for the Male TV Stand-Up Comedy in 2014
- Cheka Awards for the Best TV Stand-up Comedy in 2014
- Sanaa Theatre Awards for the Best Production of the TV Comedy Recorded before a live audience in 2014.
- PRISK Award for the founding director in 2014
- Bingwa Music Awards (BMA) for the Showbiz Personality of the Year in 2015
- Overall Personality of the Year on Social Media Awards on Olx Soma in 2015.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Daniel Churchill Ndambuki in 2023
Daniel Churchill has an estimated net worth of $4 Million. This comes from his successful career in the comedy industry. Being the founder of the laugh industry, he gets big earnings from the Churchill Show that is aired in NTV Kenya.
Furthermore, he is featured as a radio host through which he co-hosts the Classic 105 breakfast show together with Maina Kageni. From the show, he is said to have an earning of about $12,000, equivalent to Kshs 1.2 Million.
Daniel Churchill Ndambuki Social Media Platforms
Churchill has been active on social media platforms from which he has a following of more than 797k in his Twitter account, 2.2M followers on Instagram and 3.7M on his Facebook account.
You can follow him from the following:
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- Churchill Ndambuki played for the Nyayo Stars for the Under-17 football team after completing his O-Level
- Daniel Churchill got introduced to a Bible College by his close cousin
- He was the skit maker for Sunday School kids in KAG Church Buruburu
In conclusion, Daniel Churchill Ndambuki has been a great inspiration in the comedy and laugh industry. Though he had a wanting a poor background during his early childhood, his high dedication and passion have seen him rise up the ladder of success. He has been a mentor of the major successful comedians in the Kenyan Industry, through which he has believed in supporting others for their success.